Continuum Movement Training Program in US - Module 2
Module 2: PHILOSOPHY OF CONTINUUM (In-person)
- Focus – We are a fluid system and the three Anatomies
This module looks at the fact that the body is a fluid system and therefore needs a fluid model for its exploration of movement and healing. Conrad’s Three Anatomies will be introduced as a way to understand our body and its imprints.
- The human body is a fluid system. We are made of approximately 70% water and yet we do not often take this into consideration when we move or think of the body. Continuum proposes that the primary characteristic of any fluid system is its ability to keep transforming itself.
- Inquiring into our Fluid Nature, students develop the capacity to understand a potentially dynamic, multi-dimensional perspective of human awareness and omni-directional movement.
- Study is designed to deepen the student’s ability to notice and sustain sensory awareness and track experiences of flow which invoke the fluid system internally by creating a mix of interpenetrating cues and signals.
- Students learn the significance that all fluids, whether in the cell, the body or the planet, function as a resonant intelligent whole and can never be separated. In Continuum, we refer to this entirety as the fluid system and recognize its essential and ancestral role in healing, movement, and fundamental wisdom.
- Students learn that by amplifying wave motion through movement, our entire body resonates as a fluid, vital whole.
- Class will include an introduction to Emilie Conrad’s concept of the Three Anatomies: primordial, cultural and cosmic. These are the lenses that we look through in CM to develop our understanding of different states of being.
- Baseline and Open Attention, two essential concepts of all CM classes.
Practicum – Students will present a class and receive feedback first from peers and then teachers.
Module 2: Philosophy of Continuum
(In-person) at Cobalt Moon Center’s Water Studio in Neptune Beach, Florida
May 6 – 10, 2022 (50 hours) $1195
For those committed and dedicated students we offer several scholarships on a first come first serve basis.
For more information please contact the office.
If you are interested in applying to the training program here is the link to the application.
Continuum Movement® is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider#400918-00.